10,000 days meaning

Also known as "Wings for Marie (Pt 1)," this song is Maynard James Keenan's acceptance that his mother will soon be dead. 10,000 days is a Death album, shallowly speaking: Vicarious is about our voyeuristic behaviour in relation to others deaths. Like a dark DMT trip. Jambi is about him being a child, and how he would plead with Jambi, the genie on PeeWee’s playhouse, to bring his mother back / make her healthy. Logically, you have once more the voyeristic element materialized by the angels. The Lipan Apache tribe have a very interisting relation with death, which I recommend some research. Not so long ago, I had the good idea to do some shrooms while listening to 10000 days, so watch out maybe its just me tripping, (we're not here to talk about drugs pls) and I figured out that the album had a entire story between a son and his father But sadly I cant find any interesting article about it ;( But heres my thoughts : When you listen to jambi and wings pt 1 and pt2 for me its obvious that the songs are related, a father that loves his son and warns him against the dangers of life/drugs, but the son doesnt really care and starts living a life of excess, until he begs his fathers pardon in wings pt1 and 2 (please dad forgive this selfish question) And if you listen to lipan conjuring a little more carefully, its not just noise, you can understand that the son is trying to exorcise himself from all that excess but fails (blame hoffman, rosetta). See if you can tell in this Fact or Fiction. All the subsequent songs prove this relation: Jambi deals with the process of a loss, itself. Muhammad Ali: His Musical Legacy and the Songs he Inspired, Danny Clinch: The Art of Rock Photography, Barry Dean ("Pontoon," "Diamond Rings And Old Barstools"). Debbie Harry said they did it because they "wanted to be uncool. Johnny Cash promised to stay true to his first wife in "I Walk The Line," but when the song became a hit he found himself on the road, having an affair with June Carter, who became his second wife. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs. “If I could I’d wish it all away - if I thought tomorrow, would take you away.” IMO it’s about him asking Jambi for a wish because his prayers to god aren’t being answered. Before he was the champ, Ali released an album called I Am The Greatest!, but his musical influence is best heard in the songs he inspired. As a eulogy to his mother and 2. as a way to call attention to the hypocrisy within the christian church. Judith was heavily religious and dedicated her life to God despite her being paralyzed. A kangoroo court ( a court which ignore due process and come to a predetermined conclusion) that sentences someone to...death. A top country songwriter, Barry talks about writing hits for Little Big Town, Tim McGraw and Jason Aldean. This song serves two purposes: 1. I really like u/lucasmancini1123 's take on the album. 10,000 days is also the amount of time it takes Saturn to revolve around the sun, Keenan noted in an interview with Loudwire. ", Neil Young rarely allows his songs to be sampled, but he let the Canadian group Redlight King use "Old Man" in their 2011 song, also called "Old Man.". Paul McCartney wrote "Blackbird" in Scotland after reading about race riots in the U.S. when federal courts forced the racial desegregation of the Arkansas capital's school system. The Pot is about judgment. The whole album has themes of him asking God/questioning God. Maynard calls her a savior in herself because she is the only one, it seems, in the christian faith to … "That's the time in your twenty eighth, twenty ninth year when you are presented the opportunity to transform from whatever your hang-ups were before to let the light of knowledge and experience lighten your load, so to speak and let go of old patterns and embrace a new life. Tobby from Shreveport, La "10,000 days in the fire is long enough" refers to the amount of time his mother spent in a wheelchair Adam from Brownsville, Tn Personally i believe corporalclegg from the … Wings and 10,000 Days are about his mother. YouTube were forced into an upgrade after PSY's "Gangnam Style" broke the video-sharing website's hit counter. Do their first three albums have French titles? Wings For Marie and 10,000 days it's a beautiful eulogy to his mother. All the subsequent songs prove this relation: Jambi deals with the process of a loss, itself. "Heart of Glass" was Blondie's first foray into disco, which turned off some fans. "Frankenstein" by Edgar Winter got its name because it was a monster to edit; they pieced it together like Frankenstein's monster. You can’t find articles about your conclusion because these are some of the very few songs whose meaning has not been left open to the listeners interpretation. Lipan Conjuring is a Lipan Apache chant. Hi everyone! Cookies help us deliver our Services. Jambi is about his son. Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned are about a guy in hospital tripping balls on DMT. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. He knows that his mother will make it to heaven: "Never told a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one." Wings For Marie and 10,000 days it's a beautiful eulogy to his mother. Once the tune reached 2,147,483,647 views, the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing, the view-counter could no longer work. A song he wrote and recorded from "sheer spiritual inspiration," Allen's didn't think "Southern Nights" had hit potential until Glen Campbell took it to #1 two years later. And guess what? This Subreddit is dedicated to thoughts spawned by listening/watching the band Tool. Is "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" really meaningless? It also puts you in a voyeuristic place. Viginti Tres...well it's more debatable, but it really feels like an obscure and scary representation of passing. And guess what? One of rock's top photographers talks about artistry in photography, raising funds for a documentary, and enjoying a County Fair with Tom Waits. It also puts you in a voyeuristic place. With his X-wife Exene, John fronts the band X and writes their songs. And once again, Maynard puts you in a voyeuristic place, cause throughout Rosetta Stoned, you become the doctor who's taking care of the guy, and consenquently a voyeur of his "ego's death". 10,000 days is a Death album, shallowly speaking: Vicarious is about our voyeuristic behaviour in relation to others deaths. He believes his mother has not sinned in her life. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. It's kind of … Press J to jump to the feed. She was paralyzed for 27 years, or 10,000 days, but you already know all that. Intension and Right in Two deals with the human relation to violence, and death in the broadest sense. A DMT trip "feels like dying", some say it's literaly the ego's death.

The Awakening Kate Chopin Analysis, Uefa Super Cup Table, 2013 Draft Class Nfl, 1 Day Acuey True, Packrat Promo Code, Manhattan Project Plutonium, How Old Was Jeff Chandler When He Died, Daria Gavrilova Wedding, Lauren Miller Rogen Child, My Favorite Year Script, Mary Beth Hughes Cause Of Death, Primer Design Protocol, The Huntresses Kissasian, Four Sided Pyramid Name, Khris Middleton Net Worth, Words On Bathroom Walls Review, Through The Looking Glass Berkeley, Sparkle Emoji, Slander Examples, Domino's Dxp Car Lawsuit, Best Tonight Show Hosts, A38 Traffic Live, Scarface The World Is Yours Pc, All I Want For Christmas Lyrics, Alexander Name Variations, Kimetsu No Yaiba, Coppa Italia Fixtures, Stoker Movie Explained, Frankenstein Conquers The World English Subtitles, Döven Wolf Silver Bullet, Whispering Corridors 5, Catherine Zeta Jones Height, Anthrax - Sound Of White Noise Songs, The Running Man Common Sense Media, Giselle Ramirez Instagram Javale Mcgee, Tiverton Gazette Website, Genesis 1-3 Meaning, Adventure Meaning In Tamil, Kathleen Marshall Pretty Woman, Vivacious Lady Dvd, Billions Hall Replacement, Osu Baylor Tickets, Dark Touch Spoiler, Dj Uiagalelei Clemson, All I Want For Christmas Lyrics, What Province Is Shanghai In, Ja Morant Stats, Eric Thomson Fitness, Seth Curry Daughter, Harry Williams Rugby, Is Predator On Netflix 2020, Aeson Son, Mahi Mahi Tuna, Ratatouille Recipe Easy, Diary Of The Dead Streaming, Spain Facts, Hockey Equipment Websites, Righteous Indignation Quotes, Signs Netflix Wikipedia, A Personal Journey With Martin Scorsese Streaming, 2001 Full Movie Online, Heaven On Earth Lyrics, Jim Broadbent Harry Potter, The Third Man Theme Instrument, New York Jets Roster 2018, Tales From The Hood Shudder, The Orphanage Remake, Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics Phase 3, Google Agenda Google Calendar, Public House History Records, Deschutes Pronunciation, Effects Of Hating Someone, Rodd Elizondo Obit, The Babysitters Club Cast 2020, From The Life Of The Marionettes English Subtitles, Gerald Green Number, Kelly Olynyk Wife, Highest-paid Rugby Players 2020, D Rose 7 For Sale, Cork City Vs Sligo Rovers, Akron Zips Football Ranking, Urbania Country, Piece Of My Heart Big Brother And The Holding Company Lyrics, Kohinoor Diamond Images, Graveyard Shift Spongebob Ending, Rohan Kishibe Zodiac Sign, The Spanish Main Map, Rugby Today On Tv, The Last Lions Watch Online, The Orphanage Remake, Benny Snell Jr Stats, Baby Mama Brandy, 44 Inch Chest Review, Michigan Football 2019, Cast Of By Dawn's Early Light Columbo, Best Restaurants In Gaylord, Clydebank Dublin, Synchronized Swimming Olympics 2020, Carel Struycken Age,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *