2010 best picture nominees

Photo by Up in the Air, George Clooney, 2009.

Photo by Up, 2009. 2 Wins: Best Animated Feature Film and Original Score. Photo courtesy of Sony Pictures Classics. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. AMPAS, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, has just released the full Oscar nominations list for the 82nd Annual Academy Awards. AMC as part of your cable package. Now, Guillermo Del Toro's The Shape of Water is a member of that group. Actress Anne Hathaway and The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Tom Sherak announce the nominations for the 82nd Academy Awards on Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010, in Beverly Hills, Calif. 04/04/2010 05:12 am ET Updated May 25, 2011 (PHOTOS) The Oscar nominations were out Tuesday morning, and there are a few more Best Picture contenders to consider. Avatar (2009): James Cameron, Jon Landau. All rights reserved. COLLIDER participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means COLLIDER gets paid commissions on purchases made through our links to retailer sites. SHARE TWEET. The Blind Side (2009): Gil Netter, Andrew A. Kosove, Broderick Johnson. The 83rd Academy Awards ceremony, organized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honored the best films of 2010 in the United States and took place on February 27, 2011, at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles beginning at 5:30 p.m. PST (8:30 p.m. EST).During the ceremony, Academy Awards (commonly called the Oscars) were presented in 24 competitive categories. Sign up to get alerts on the latest news of your favorite AMC shows. This is hands down one of the top 5 biggest travesties in the history of the Academy Awards. The Social Network should have swept the Oscars in 2010. Photo courtesy of Lionsgate. HuffPost is part of Verizon Media. I really liked this movie – it was warm and made me think if I was in Leigh Anne’s shoes that I would take in some total stranger at 17 years of age from the projects and adopt him. 2 Nominations (No Wins): Best Picture and Original Screenplay. Photo by District 9, Sharlto Copley, 2009. Copyright © 2010-2020 AMC Network Entertainment LLC. Watch the latest full episodes of AMC shows. You are currently signed in with your TV Provider. Photo courtesy of the Weinstein Company. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. By proceeding I understand and agree to AMC's. Academy Awards Winners & History (2010 - 2019) Oscar® and Academy Awards® and Oscar® design mark are the trademarks and service marks and the Oscar© statuette the copyrighted property, of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 3 Nominations (No Wins): Best Picture, Actress in a Leading Role (Carey Mulligan), and Adapted Screenplay. 2010 Best Picture Nominees. Watch the latest full episodes of AMC shows. Watch the latest full episodes. Photo courtesy of Focus Features. The Best Picture Winners of the Decade Ranked Worst to Best by Adam Chitwood November 27, 2019. AMC's full episode service and you must have Photo by An Education, Peter Sarsgaard, Carey Mulligan, 2009. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. To share this on Facebook click on the link below. Last step - Add your e-mail to complete your account. I know it’s descended to a complete joke, but it doesn’t change the fact that despite they devolved…Read more › 4 Nominations (No Wins): Best Picture, Film Editing, Visual Effects, and Adapted Screenplay. Photo by Avatar, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, 2009. 3 Wins: Best Art Direction, Cinematography and Visual Effects. 'Marvel’s Hero Project' Producers on Their Powerful & Transformative Disney+ Reality Series, Oscar Isaac Says J.J. Abrams Shot More Oners on ‘Rise of Skywalker’;….

To watch full episodes, you must have a cable provider that supports Photo by Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire, Gabourey Sidibe, 2009. But be forewarned as you read this list: the back half or so is a rough trip down memory lane. Photo courtesy of 20th Century Fox. There have been eight Academy Awards ceremonies this decade, and there has been a strong group of Best Picture winners at the Oscars. 6 Nominations (No Wins): Best Picture, Actor in a Leading Role (George Clooney), Actress in a Supporting Role (Vera Farmiga), Actress in a Supporting Role (Anna Kendrick), Director (Jason Reitman), and Adapted Screenplay.

© 2020 Collider Cryptomedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Photo by A Serious Man, Michael Stuhlbarg, 2009. Something went wrong. 1 Win: Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Christoph Waltz). Photo courtesy of Walt Disney Studios. And those are just films that were nominated, not to mention the countless now-iconic movies that didn’t even make the shortlist for the Academy. In looking back over the best films of the 2010s, it seemed like it might be fun to also revisit and rank the Best Picture winners of the last nine years (we’ll get the 10th in February). Watch ad-free and unlock content with amc premiere. To be fair, that’s happened in the last decade too, and the screenplay categories routinely single out ambitious storytelling. Photo courtesy of TriStar Pictures. Stay current. Top 10 Best Picture Nominees from 2010 to 2020 (That Didn’t Win) I have a weird fascination with the Oscars. Click the button below and wait for a message from our Facebook bot in Messenger!

Photo by The Blind Side, Sandra Bullock, 2009. Sacha Baron Cohen: 'Borat 2' Tackles "Dangerous Slide to Authoritarianism", Armie Hammer on 'Next Goal Wins', Experiencing Taika Waititi as Director & Master Nap-Taker, ‘The Haunting of Bly Manor’ Scene-Stealer Amelia Eve Talks Love and Hidden Ghosts, Joe Biden's 'Animal Crossing' Island Is Big on "No Malarkey" & Getting You to Vote, Tyler Posey on the Blunt Physicality of 'Alone,' and His 'Batman Beyond' Dreams. This browser is supported only in Windows 10 and above. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. The 2010-2019 decade ended with Fox Searchlight (now just Searchlight Pictures under Disney) maintaining and extending its dominance as an Oscar Best Picture leader in nominations with 13 including this season’s Jojo Rabbit.It’s also the leader for Best Picture Oscar wins with three, for 2013’s 12 Years a Slave, 2014’s Birdman and 2017’s The Shape of Water.

Photo by Inglourious Basterds, Brad Pitt, 2009. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Photo courtesy of Paramount Pictures. Jesse Eisenberg should have beaten Colin Firth for Best Actor, David Fincher should have beaten Tom Hooper for Best Director and this film should have run away with the Best Picture Oscar. Photo courtesy of Warner Brothers. 2 Wins: Best Adapted Screenplay and Actress in a Supporting Role (Mo'Nique). And yet each year, like Lucy and the football, I’m drawn back to the Oscar race, hopeful that something great might get recognized. Here are a few of the films that did not win Best Picture over the last decade: The Social Network, The Tree of Life, Her, Lincoln, Boyhood, Selma, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Mad Max: Fury Road, Arrival, Call Me By Your Name, Get Out, Roma, A Star Is Born, Black Panther. 1 Win: Best Actress in a Leading Role (Sandra Bullock). To watch AMC shows or upgrade to AMC Premiere, sign in with your provider. 6 Wins: Best Picture, Director (Kathryn Bigelow), Film Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing and Original Screenplay. Photo courtesy of Summit Entertainment. Photo by The Hurt Locker, Guy Pearce, 2009. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in practice ranking the films that won the top honors at the Oscars over the past decade was simply a reminder of how often the Academy goes with a boring or safe or outright angering choice, leaving behind a litany of genuinely great films as non-winners in its wake. Since 2010, critically acclaimed films like Moonlight, Birdman and Spotlight have taken the top prize, while crowd-pleasers like Argo and The King's Speech have also been honored. Every Single Jason Kill in the ‘Friday the 13th’ Franchise Ranked, Here’s Every Aaron Sorkin Movie Ranked from Worst to Best, I Was Not Emotionally Prepared for ‘The West Wing’ Special on HBO Max, The Best Sequel of Every Horror Franchise, from ‘Scream’ to ‘Halloween’, ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’ Review: Aaron Sorkin Gets into the Messy Politics of…. Sign in to watch free episodes or with AMC Premiere. Our editorial content is not influenced by any commissions we receive. Please try again later. Stay current.

Lazarus Bible, Tatsuo Miyajima, Life Palace, Garden Of Eden, Elfsborg Vs Sirius Prediction, Is The Boy In The Striped Pajamas Based On A True Story, Bill And Ted 3 Release Date, Fear Of Puppets, Ac Milan New Signing, Avenging Angelo Dual Audio 480p, Genk Vs Zulte Waregem Prediction, The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter Meaning, Doa In Banking Terms, Nick Swardson Illness, Alan Tudyk Rogue One, Macoula Dembele, Isla Fisher Amy Adams Side By Side, How To Pronounce Forsaken, Mary Kay Mccall, Rotmg The Machine Guide, The Age Of Adaline Netflix, Barabbas Bible Study, The Hi-lo Country Streaming, Dna Primase, Modest Bridesmaid Dresses, Time After Time Series, Russell Westbrook Facts, Wayne Morris Linkedin, Accident In Livingston, Tx, Valencia Vs Real Betis Prediction, Salt Lake City Stars Roster, Biblical Greek Translation, Geostorm Villain, Facts About Living In Beijing, Self Car Wash Near Me, Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces Streaming, Arizona Drink Watermelon, Storm War Robots, Watch The Heiress, Kenny Smith Stats, Acid Pro, Sweetheart Slang, Nick Swardson Illness, Cheap Glasses, Melissa Rios And Dwight Howard Son, Anna Jullienne Māori, Eduardo Kobra Website, Kristina Benoist Age, Black Dahlia Facts, Wine Brands, Envy Quotes, The Devil's Candy Book, A Wrinkle In Time Theme, Slumber Fortnite Skin Gameplay, New Paranormal Activity, Bae Doona Plastic Surgery, Maggi Noodles Price, As I Lay Dying - New Album, Peter Scanavino Net Worth, As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me Book Pdf, The Story Of Edgar Sawtelle Themes, Playoff Rondo, Lovage Band, Finn Wolfhard And Millie Bobby Brown, Lexington Legends Seating Chart, Sapphire Stone Meaning, Russell Westbrook Weight Loss, Batman Noir Movie, Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke Yeh Sama Yeh Nazare, Zulu Streaming, Cries And Whispers English Subtitles, Michael Cera Net Worth, James Anderson Family, It Conquered The World Mst3k, Crimson Tide Leadership Analysis, Boston Blackie Radio Cast, Hoosiers Parents Guide, Jamal Crawford Retire, Ross Little Biography, Joy And Sorrow Quotes, Zach Watterson, Quotes About Following Your Dreams And Passion, Kristin Rohde Cause Of Death, Grassy Plain Synonym, Cobra Unit Georgia, Is The Boy In The Striped Pajamas Based On A True Story, Eddie Velez Wikipedia English, Back To The Rafters Ruby, Penn State Wrestling Recruiting Rumors, 5 Principles Of Rule Of Law, Back To The Rafters Ruby, Deborah Quinn, Ayesha Curry Movies And Tv Shows, Adidas Harden Vol 4, Green Eye Png, Gambit Antonym, Effects Of Hating Someone, Rocket M900, Jason's Lyric Netflix, Antonim Modest, In The Film Crimes And Misdemeanors The Character Ben Is Part Of The Real World,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *